Friday, September 2, 2011

My Progress

Today was my last day of boot camp and I was not happy about it! I got super emotional last night thinking about saying goodbye to all the sweet girls who have been there with me from the beginning. 










It is crazy to me how friendships can form so fast! These women (and Double A, who clearly hates pictures..) have been such an incredible support group for me over the last couple months, and have been SO encouraging. If I was struggling through a workout, all I needed to hear was "you're doing great, Abby- keep it up" and I always did. I can't thank Operation Boot Camp enough for providing me with such great support and encouragement!

Aside from the sappy stuff, just the numbers are absolutely incredible. On the first day of boot camp I was overweight, ate like crap, and was very very out of shape. Our first PT test was ROUGH. I walked for a majority of the mile, and my time was 15:43. Today I ran the entire mile (for the first time) and my time was 11:35. Just that is so amazing to me! I have asthma and have always struggled with running. The fact that in two months I could go from hardly being able to run for two minutes (seriously) to completing a mile run in 11:35 blows my mind! 

Push Ups
Day 1: 5 regular, 17 facilitated (on knees)
Day 30: 10 regular, 13 facilitated
Day 60: 20 regular, 10 facilitated

Sit Ups
Day 1: 17
Day 30: 22
Day 60: 25

Tricep Dips
Day 1: 12 regular, 25 facilitated (knees in)
Day 30: 25 regular, 12 facilitated
Day 60: 30 regular, 12 facilitated

Is that not amazing?! I'm so lucky to have had this incredible opportunity to change my life for the better! The changes in my body have been so noticeable and pretty astonishing if you ask me! I feel like a NutriSystem commercial! Hahaha!



So, so wonderful! I still have a good way to go, but OBC started me on this incredible journey and I plan on finishing it! My goal is to be able to run the Charleston Bridge run in April, but don't tell my dad ;). 

Thank y'all SO much for your support and encouragement over the last two months! The absolute best compliment I've received is that I inspired someone to kick start their own fitness goals, and I've heard that quite a few times now! If just one person can be inspired my progress so far, I have succeeded!

Make a change. You deserve the best for yourself.
XO- Abigail

2 comments:

  1. Abby this is such a great post! It makes me want to hit some hardcore workouts, and get a sexy six pack!
    You look great girl, but you you know that ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so amazing! Wow. I can't get over the before and after pictures. Way to go, girl! You look so good. So proud of you. Excuse me while I go work out now cause this post just inspired me.

    ReplyDelete